Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Professional visits


I had the great opportunity to have many professional visits in Perm. Together with my translating hostbrother, Egor, I visited several clinics, both private and public.

My hostfather has several dentalclinics and we visited one that was specialized in childrens dental care. I was amazed about their concern about the childs experience at the dentist and the importance of prepare both parents and children before the visit. For example the child receives a letter from the toothferry, letting them know it´s time to go to the dentist, a very nice detail. During the treatments the children can watch a cartoon on a screen placed above them. If the child is very scared, they have a psychologist at the clinic.


I also visited a very well equipped private gym with a doctor specialized in rehabilitation. She examined the patients and formed a program with different exercises. Some difficulties occurred when we met. First she thought I spoke Russian and then she was convinced that I was a patient. Thanks to Egor, we could sort things out and she showed me her different techniques in the fitness machines. She paid a lot of attention to the patients breathing and that the exercise was performed in the complete range of motion. As I am the less flexible fysiotherapist in Sweden, that was a big challenge for me…

Best Regards,

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment